Friday, November 13, 2009

Diary of an American Shopper Day 9


Written by Alicia - our MADE IN AMERICA gal - written on day 9 of our challenge

Seventh Generation has left me in the dark - no updates at all. What's that about? They asked me if I wanted to fill out a survey, but I would like a response before I check any little boxes. In the mean time, the hunt for garbage bags continued. Yesterday, I went to the mecca of all garbage bag meccas - The Super Market. I knew that I would be able to find something nestled in their bright artificial lighted aisles, I saw them staring back at me. Oddly enough there weren't that many "small" garbage bags to choose from. In fact, Seventh Generation didn't even offer me an option.

I did, however, see a new brand (well new to me)- Bio Bag. It's biodegradable and compostable! Here's what it says on their website - www.biobagusa.com

BioBag is proud to be the best selling brand of certified 100% biodegradable and 100% compostable bags made from the material, Mater-Bi. We are also proud to be the first “bag from corn” to achieve national distribution of retail products through natural food stores across the country.

This product sounds awesome! I know that they're making plastic containers made out of corn, but I hadn't seen any bags yet. I was nervous when I flipped the box over. It is probably made overseas. BUT NO! Made in the USA is right there in print! I throw a couple in my basket, and head for the check out.

I mark Day 9 a MAJOR SUCCESS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment