Tuesday, June 8, 2010

In Honor of World Oceans Day...

In honor of World Oceans Day, I thought it would be fitting to share an interesting article located on The Daily Green's website. If you’re like me, you wake up in the morning and put on the news. That means that for the past 50 days I have woken up to another day of mostly bad news in the Gulf. Whether the news is about the latest failed effort to stop the spill, the tremendous negative impact the gushing oil will have on the environment, the economic travesty that the disaster has caused the region or the sickness that some of the workers have endured in the cleanup effort, the news has been daunting to say the least. So today, on World Oceans Day, I thought I’d share this article from the Daily Green which addresses what you can do if you would like to get involved in the cleanup effort (whether via volunteering or donation).

Let’s hope that next year’s World Oceans Day can be more celebratory.

No comments:

Post a Comment