Wednesday, September 1, 2010

When I think of New Orleans...

When I think of New Orleans…

New Orleans has long been one of my favorite cities in America. I am a New York City girl, but there is something about the atmosphere, texture and ambiance of New Orleans that intrigues me. You walk around the city and you can feel it.
When Hurricane Katrina hit, I remember feeling so helpless. What was there that I could possibly do to help the city and the people living there?
It took five years, but I was so happy to devote a week of What You Can Do to helping the Big Easy continue its rebirth.
In closing I wanted to share some of the things our friends and fans say they think of when they think of New Orleans….
Jazz
Beignets
Music
Mardi Gras
The indomitable spirit against adversity
The Food!
The forgotten but strong
The fleur de lis
Café du Monde
Voodoo
Being in love!
Bourbon Street
The Saints
Pat O’Brien
The Big Easy
Preservation Hall
Creole
Pralines
Gumbo
Faulkner
The heat!
Emeril
John Besh
River boats
Ann Rice
Wynton Marsalis
The King Cake
Louis Armstrong
The French Quarter
Marie Laveau
The World War II Museum


If you have anything to add – please feel free!

No comments:

Post a Comment