Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Support After School Projects

Last year, we produced a video with The After School Corporation. TASC used to have a form on their website that could be sent directly to your state representative, urging them to keep after-school funding for students. Unfortunately, the link is no longer active, but the fact that our kids need after-school programs remains. Since this was my one-minute activity for the day, I figured I could put all of the pieces together and send my own letter.



Here's how I did it:

Step 1 - locate your representatives -
To Find your Congressman
To Find your State Senators
State Assemblymen are harder, as their doesn't seem to be one site for everyone. I searched google for NY State and got this link.

Step 2 - Once you have found your representatives, find out how to contact them. Usually, there is a simple contact page.

Step 3 -Fill out the form, and include this sample letter or one of your own.

Dear Senator/Representative/Assemblyman XXXX,

I know that now is a difficult time for our state financially, but I am writing to ask you to keep funding to after school programs as they are very important to me.

I think that providing students with an outlet after school is essential for our youth.

Thank you for your time.

XXXXX


Hope this helps - Let me know!
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment