We are so excited about the story about What You Can Do in The Nest, an online magazine for couples (check out the article on pg. 9).
There are many fun and easy ways couples can help save the world in just a minute - check out the list and videos below and let us know your ideas at www.facebook.com/whatyoucando!
1) Click to Give Whether you're checking up on your fantasy football team or online shopping, check out www.greatergood.com and click to help issues such as hunger, animal welfare and breast cancer prevention.
2) The Giving Season Celebrate the spirit of giving at your holiday party - ask guests to bring canned goods to donate to a local food bank.
3) Turn Off the Tap Hold a contest to see who's better at remembering to shut off the tap while brushing your teeth to conserve water. First one who forgets has to buy a nice bottle of wine or dessert.
4) Online Buzz for Good Along with posting cute pics of your dog and/or kids, use your social media power to raise awareness for a cause that inspires your passion once per month.
5) Look for the Little Green Frog If it's your turn to grocery shop, look for the Rainforest Alliance's "little green frog" symbol on products such as chocolate and coffee to help preserve our rainforests.
6) Shop Local Also at the grocery store or farmers market, choose local produce when possible to reduce your carbon footprint (i.e. the emissions contributing to global warming).
7) Protect the Night To keep your home safer and help protect the darkness of night (which is crucial for the environment and human/animal health), reduce inside lighting and choose shielded or motion sensing exterior fixtures.
8) Ocean Love Download the Seafood Watch app from the Monterey Bay Aquarium to help choose sustainable seafood at your favorite restaurants.
9) Time to Unplug When heading out of town for the weekend, unplug your electronics (make it easier by using power strips) to reduce energy consumption and your power bill.
10) Start a Kindness Chain Get creative with ideas to spread kindness in your community - cook a delicious meal for an elderly neighbor or help a mom with her groceries at the store.