Friday, April 29, 2011

Alicia's Eyes On... A Top Ten

Hey everyone. Alicia here again. We got such great feedback on my 46-day challenge, that we decided to start different series on our blog where the What You Can Doers can talk about various issues and ideas that matter most to each of us.

Starting today, we're going to launch my series corner called, Alicia's Eyes. To kick off the blog, I've decided to write about my love of lists! I love a list. I love a count down. Basically, I love anything that I can scratch off after completion. The satisfaction is wholly rewarding to me. Last year, my dad and I completed our goal of setting foot in all 50 states and I savored the feeling of crossing each state off that to-do list as we went. This year we're starting a new list: Visit all the National Parks.

List lovers usually enjoy hearing about other people's checklists and I'm no exception. I especially love reading other people's top ten lists. When a viewer wrote in mentioning his Top 10 Zoos to Visit, I knew it would be a fun thing to share. Part of the joy of list making is getting people talking - did we include the right things? Is there a random addition on there? Was something outrageously excluded? Not all people agree on what should be on a top 10 list, so let's get talking.

I thought this was a great list to start with because it involves one of our favorite things over here - Wildlife Conservation. I have visited 4 of the zoos mentioned: The Bronx Zoo, The Smithsonian National Zoological Park, Animal Kingdom and The Phoenix Zoo. I have always wanted to get to the San Diego Zoo (especially since now they have the Safari Park , but I haven't made it out there yet). No worries - it's on a list of places to visit, so I'll get there someday.

Though it's not a huge zoo, as I mentioned in my Earth Day Blog, one of my favorite things to do in New York is to visit the Central Park Zoo and watch the sea lions while sharing an ice cream with Jack. I just love watching the animals. I also love the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I could sit and watch the sea otters for hours. Jack and I are planning to make a trip up to the Bronx Zoo soon. I haven't been there for a few years, so that'll be fun to visit and I promise to report my adventures after I go.

So what do you think? What makes a good zoo? What would be included in your top ten zoo list?

Please let us know!

Thanks!
Alicia
more to come....


No comments:

Post a Comment